Blogging the VMAs

read from the bottom going upward

Missy Elliot wins again, and she remembered to thank God. I bet Gwen is rethinking her acceptances in the future.

Coldplay is performing and their piano says "MTF" on the side. That Chris, he's so cryptic. It took me awhile to figure out what the = on his hand meant (fair trade).

Well, I've had enough of the Diddy show. Unless Fergie pees her pants, my blogging is done.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Diddy is giving us the history of his name. Yawn.

Jeremy Piven and Lil Kim are presenting. He's making jokes about her going to jail. Her posse shoots people, so Piven better watch it.

Diddy is leading an orchestra with some guy rapping on the video screen...I'm guessing its Biggie/Notorious B.I.G. Snoop came out to sing for a second, but like everything on this show, it's all very ADD.

There's an hour left and Gwen hasn't won anything. She's probably wishing she did boycott after all.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am so white, I have no idea what is happening right now. It appears to be another dance off sans Diddy.

Missy Elliot wins and thanked God first. I bet God was beginning to wonder what was up.

Eric Roberts (as in Julia's haggard brother) just came out and said "who likes Mtv?" What a dork. And he plugged his stepson's album. Cheesy. Did they run out of white people to invite?

Hide your daughters. R. Kelly. Doing a horrible lip synch job, and it's a horrible song. Shouldn't he be in jail for something? This song perhaps.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dressed as the tallest pimp ever, Shaq surprises the audience. I guess he plays for Miami?

Someone named Shakita is performing, which reminds me of my taquitos- time to eat!
(wait a sec- its Shakira, but Jessica Alba said it with such a thick accent it sounded like Shaquita...I love when Latina's like Alba are ethnic for one word)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Green Day wins. Nothing exciting happens.

Diddy is having a dance off. I'm not kidding. Even Destiny's Child looks confused.

Diddy is announcing a secret performance- MC Hammer. Seriously. The parachute pants are gone, and the performance was about 30 seconds. Weird.

Oh barf. Simpson sisters. Ashlee is annoying and Jessica is dressed like a ho. You have to see the back of her dress.

Alicia Keys wins and doesn't thank God. Interesting.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yo, Ludacris just performed, which was perfect because I had to check on the taquitos. No offense, Lud. But I think the days of when I liked a VMA performer went away with Pearl Jam.

Diddy just gave some random person in the audience some of his bling. Saying "Anything Can Happen" and announcing they are giving away $100,000 cash, Diddy obviously thinks he's Oprah.

Ha ha! Diddy just said "remember vote or die". Ah ha ha ha

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes I am way too old to be watching the VMAs, but I like to try and stay hip. Do people even say hip anymore? Anyways here we go...

Green Day opens, does a dandy performance. Diddy comes out and has some weird intro for himself. Of course, it involves skanks.

Lohan, in a dreadful dress, and Nelly come out...bad banter...they announce best male and female video awards to- Kanye West and Kelly Clarkson. Gwen looks pissed. She was robbed. Kelly is wearing an unflattering dress, but she looks excited and says "my vote was for Gwen" ouch.


-LB

No comments: