We're Gas Guzzling Whores


Oil drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge will soon be a reality thanks to congress. I don't care that there aren't humans that live there, must we violate every inch of this planet?

The other day I saw the tiniest woman hop into her Hummer (not that even the largest of people needs a Hummer, but it just looked extra ridiculous). I laughed so that she would hear me, but I didn't taunt her like I wanted to. Who knows what kind of firearms come with a Hummer.

-Americans consume 9.1 million barrels of oil every day (this just includes vehicles)
-Drilling in the Arctic will reduce our dependence on foreign oil from 70 % to 66%, not much
-Predictions are that Arctic drilling will not result in cheaper gas

You can see how the Senate voted on this and other bills. They actually voted in favor of no cost of living raise for themselves. Shocker.
How the Senate voted


Dang. I wish Tom Cruise would act silly again. This caring about real life stuff is hard!

-LB

No comments: