Duran Duran Concert

I love me some Duran Duran, but I am having the same problem with their new music as I am Madonna. And coincidentally enough they both used Justin Timberlake. The music is just ok, somewhat uninspired. That would be fine (just won't buy it), if they didn't play so many of their new songs at their recent concert in Seattle.

It didn't help that the WaMu Center charges $8 for a Bud or Coors beer. I refused and then gave the poor woman pouring the drinks my rant. Now I know why when we were searched entering the facility the guy asked if I had an alcohol. I was puzzled and gave him a surprised look. I am now on a mission for the cell phone flask my co-worker told me about.

We had good seats, but my sister and I had to put napkins in our ears for the opening band! Ha. We are old.

DD started their concert with three new songs. When their fourth song, Hungry Like the Wolf, started, you could see Simon look defeated as the crowd erupted. He is stuck singing that song forever and he knows it.

THE VALLEY
RCM
NITE RUNNER
HUNGRY LIKE THE WOLF
PLANET EARTH
FALLING DOWN
COME UNDONE
SKINDIVERS
THE REFLEX
SAVE A PRAYER
A VIEW TO A KILL

ELECTROSET;
LAST CHANCE/ALL SHE WANTS/LEATHERETTE
I DON’T WANT/SKIN TRADE/TEMPTED

NOTORIOUS
GIRLS ON FILM
ORDINARY WORLD
SUNRISE
WILD BOYZ

RIO

No comments: