I'm Such a Sap For Pig Movies

Would you believe I was eating split pea and ham soup while watching the cast of Charlotte's Web on Oprah. Not on purpose. As soon as they showed scenes of Wilbur I started pushing aside the ham chunks. And when Sarah McLaughlin started singing with scenes of the movie behind her (Wilbur sitting like a puppy watching his Fern go to school) I started crying!

Charlotte's Web (the Paul Lynde version) is one of my first movie theater memories. After seeing the movie we went to JcPenneys and my mom saw me crying by the clothes racks. (SPOILER) She asked me why I was crying and I managed to blurt out "Charlotte died". OMG I'm crying right now! I need a drink or something!


I didn't eat bacon/pork/ham for along time after Babe. Think we're back to that.


Photos: Oprah.com

-LB

No comments: