Babka!

Today I stopped by the local bread store, picked up some fresh bread and had a sample of chocolate babka. I've never had babka! I just like to say babka! With a "!"

The following exchange was had:

Me: There's a Seinfeld episode about babka
Girl behind counter: Yeah
Me: Oh, you've seen it?
Girl: No
Other girl behind counter: We just pretend like we have since it gets mentioned so much.
Me: You are too young to have seen it...
Girl: I remember going to sex ed class and no one was on the streets because they were home watching the finale

(not sure why sex ed was at night...)

I love that other people mention the Seinfeld episode. I wish they had cinnamon babka to compare to the chocolate (remember, they don't get the last chocolate babka, so they get the cinnamon..."is the cinnamon a lesser babka?")

And how can I discuss babka without the Bibbi-Babka from Perfect Strangers. Looking at it now, its more nostalgic than funny...but occasionally my family will sing this song. Seriously.

And sometimes my bro and sis will do the Dance of Joy:

No comments: