The Tonight Show- Last Night

Like I've said before, I am not a regular viewer of The Tonight Show. I watched last night to see Prince, and out of curiosity to what they're doing for Leno's last days (which is just weird since he's going to 10pm, and just says to guests "visit me at 10").

I did see Billy Crystal's interview where he talked at length about his back and hip injury. Then later, after Crystal sings a tribute to Leno, Leno goes over and picks up Crystal and starts bouncing. Finally Crystal is released from his clutches and you can see that Crystal says "my back" and grabs his back. Half joking, and probably half serious. Wasn't Leno listening to the back injury story? It was awkward.

Also odd- after Prince performed, he walked over to a big pad of paper, like in conference rooms before dry erase, writes something, rips it off and hands it to Leno. Leno reads it, thanks him and then says he's going to go put it up. It took some straining to read what Prince wrote, but it was something like this:

Leno is the best, even Paul Schaffer knows

Huh???

TMZ has a clip.

No comments: