Who is The Body?

When I saw Heidi Klum's ads for her lingerie line called "The Body" based on what she says is her nickname in the modeling industry, I thought that didnt sound right and that Elle MacPherson was The Body.

Sure enough, Elle isn't happy with Heidi's ads.
Australian Macpherson has used the moniker since it was used to describe her in a Time magazine cover story in 1986.

So she was baffled by the ad for Victoria's Secret's The Body bra, in which Klum claims, "They call me The Body -- and now I have a bra named after me."

Melissa Edwards, spokesperson for Macpherson's underwear company Elle Macpherson Intimates, tells the New York Daily News, "We saw that and were like, 'Oh my god!' We were initially flabbergasted.

This isn't so much newsworthy as it is proof that I have way too much useless knowledge in my head. Who else would remember Elle as The Body? oy.

Photo: Victoria's Secret.com
Source: SF Gate

-LB

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did! I was also confused, the body was Elle's nickname...~ Stacey

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. »