Golden Shower

Ha!

But really, it is raining in LA.

Ok, I'll make some guesses. It is the foreign press, they do crazy things like give Madonna acting awards. So regardless what people say, I don't think these are the precursor to the Oscars. They're just earlier. Unless that's what precursor means.

Best Picture- Drama
The Hurt Locker. It's about Iraq, right? And it must be a somewhat anti-war in a support-our-troops way, I'm guessing. If not, something makes me think Precious.

Best Actress- Drama
Sandy B. Everyone likes her. Although the GG's often go to foreign actresses so it could be 3 of the 5 actresses, in which case I'll say Emily Blunt.

Best Actor- Drama
I want to say Clooney because everyone likes to see him at the podium, and I do think Jeff Bridges will finally get his Oscar ("I've got a beverage here!"- Big Lebowski), but for this I'm leaning towards Brit Colin Firth.

Best Picture- Comedy or Musical
I would say The Hangover, but as soon as I saw Nine on the list I might have to go with that. I haven't seen it, and I know some people hate, some love, so it's a movie that is all over the place. But the Golden Globes loves some singing, and it is chock full o' foreign actors. If not, I still don't see the foreign press giving The Hangover an award, and I would go with Julie & Julia but surely half of the voters are men and I don't see them picking that, so I am meekly saying It's Complicated.

Best Actress- Comedy or Musical
Meryl is nominated twice, so I'll go with her for Julie & Julia. If she doesn't get it, maybe they'll give Sandy B. another shout out for The Proposal.

Best Actor- Comedy or Musical
Daniel Day Lewis for Nine.

Best Actress- Supporting
Penelope Cruz for Nine. If she got an Oscar for that Woody Allen movie, then she could probably get an award for a Loreal commercial. Although Mo'nique might for Precious.

Best Actor- Supporting
Stumped. Matt Damon does have the matinee factor, but Christoph Waltz is foreign (I think) and was in a movie where they want to kill nazis, so I pick him for the win.

Best Animated
Up.

Best Foreign
No clue.

Best Director
Kathryn Bigelow, The Hurt Locker
While I've heard its a good movie, in years past that might not be enough to top the blockbuster Avatar. But a woman directed a war film, and she used to be married to Avatar's director, the insufferable James Cameron (also nominated). Grrrl power!

Best Screenplay
Quentin might get this for Inglourious Basterds, although I am still confused since there is a movie with the same title and theme from the 70's.

Best Original Score
I haven't heard any, so I'll go for James Horner, Avatar.

Best Original Song
I just think they'll like Nine, so I'll say "Cinema Italiano".

Best TV- Drama
Mad Men. Although I'd vote for Dexter. None of the five nominees are on network tv. Unless FOX counts as network (House).

Best Actress TV Drama
Glenn Close is great on Damages, but maybe they'll give it to January Jones on Mad Men. She isn't that good of an actress on that show, but pretty people always get stuff, don't you know that?

Best Actor TV Drama
Just throwing it out there- Simon Baker, The Mentalist. He's foreign. And he's good looking, and what did I say about good looking people? They get stuff. So with that theory, I say Hamm if not Baker.

Best TV Comedy or Musical
Did they add that musical part to accomodate Glee? Anyways, I'm thinking Glee might be singing all the way to the podium. Otherwise, 30 Rock is still funny and might get win again.

Best Actress TV Comedy or Musical
Toni Collette, she's foreign and a good actress. Or Lea Michele from Glee?

Best Actor TV Comedy or Musical
Alec Baldwin or Matthew Morrison if Glee is sweeping up.

Miniseries
Grey Gardens or Little Dorrit since that sounds British.

Best Actress Miniseries
Drew Barrymore, because she actually did a good job.

Best Actor Miniseries
Maybe Kevin Bacon, but Brendan Gleeson played what's his face (the British PM) and if a lot of the voters are British the could go with him. Well, 4 of the 5 nominees are foreign so Bacon might not get nothing.

Best Actress TV Supporting
Jane Lynch from Glee would be great, but I don't know how much the foreign press is going to award Glee. Janet McTeer and Rose Byrne are foreign so they might be taking it home. Fun fact: two Janes and a Janet in this category. Aint that fancy!

Best Actor TV Supporting
Let's hope its anyone but Piven for Entourage. John Litgow for Damages is my guess.

No comments: