NYC Celebrity Sightings Galore!

Last week in New York city was celebrity filled and I was only there for 3 days.

I spotted Kirsten "Kiki" Dunst getting out of a cab in front of my hotel (60 Thompson) where she was also staying. It was raining and she looked annoyed, a bit haggard & wet - sans umbrella. Another friend of mine, also staying at the hotel, said Kiki was on the 12th floor because they chatted in the elevator. The consensus was that she was pretty normal,tiny, and very friendly. She was in town filming "Spider Man."



At Toad Hall in Soho one night, a group of us spotted James Gandolfini walk in much to our surprise. More than any celebrity I've ever seen / met, he is the character he plays on "The Sopranos." He truly is the epitome of Tony Soprano: subdued, ominous and observant - and great skin!

After a few vodka gimlets, my sister and I accosted him when he came out of the bathroom. I asked him about the whole splitting of the final 16 episodes - 8 now, 8 next year. I told him I didn't like the season finale, but did compliment him on the beret he wore in the final episode. We tried chatting him up a bit more but he was clearly irritated with us, especially after we asked for a photo. We almost got wacked. I was dying to ask about Pauly and what they're going to do about Aiden and the spec house Carmella is building and Julianna Margolis. He really is Tony Soprano, it's amazing.



On the plane ride from NYC - LA I sat next to Jai from "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy." The flight attendants thought we were friends because we gossiped about celebrites for the first 2 hours of the flight. We talked about every celebrity and their outfits in "In Touch," "US Weekly" and fully analyzed the Brad-Angelina-Shiloh volume of "People" magazine. By the time we landed at LAX he was my NBF. I almost offered him my guest room. LOVE JAI! TEAM JAI!



Now if only we could find Brangelina. That would be heavenly.

-ET

No comments: