War of the Worlds early review...aren't we cool?

I'm not saying I've already seen War of the Worlds, because early reviews are not allowed...but I will say that I did go to the movies Monday night, had to "check" my purse before being "wanded" by a studio representative in an odd fitting navy blazer.
Ok, it's probably safe for a blog read by 3 people to review a movie early. I saw it, and it was f'ing great. The first half is so intense, I felt myself near tears. Maybe because I thought it was plausible...perhaps not by aliens, but by people/countries that hate us. If you've been feeling anywhere near as antsy as I have about the current state of the world, then you might feel the same when you see the explosions, the screaming, the panic in the streets.

I didn't find Cruise a distraction at all. In fact, I found him kinda hunky. Maybe it's the leather jacket that he wears throughout, or maybe its because he's a once lame-o Dad who takes charge. I didn't think the end is as bad as people are saying, but I like The Terminal, so maybe I'm a bad judge of Spielberg.

No comments: