Willy Wonka is no MJ

Ugh, I am so sick of people comparing Willy Wonka to Michael Jackson. How Johnny Depp, who once destroyed a hotel room, keeps from punching reporters who ask him about the comparison is beyond me. Good thing Russell Crowe wasn't Wonka, phones would be flying.



I think Depp's Wonka sounds more like Edward Scissorhands with a hint of the lady from Fargo (and I've seen the film, I wonder if everyone reporting on the Wonka/MJ connection have seen the movie). Scissorhands also had pale skin and black hair, so maybe Burton was going for Scissorhands with a bob hair cut (look for a nod to Scissorhands early in the film).

And, the jacket Depp wears is similar to the original jacket Gene Wilder wears, so please don't compare it to the nutcracker-esque jackets of MJ.

Are we this desperate for entertainment news?

No comments: