More Recalls- Baby Carrots

Carrots that may be contaminated with bacteria that could cause diarrhea, nausea, fever and vomiting have been recalled, a California company announced. The product labeled “genuine sweet baby carrots” was recalled because the carrots might be contaminated with the bacteria called shigella, the Los Angeles Salad Company announced.

The product was sold under two labels, one labeled “Los Angeles Salad Genuine Sweet Baby Carrots” with a “sell-by-date” up to and including Aug. 16, 2007 and the other labeled “Trader Joe’s Genuine Sweet Baby Carrots” with a “sell-by-date” up to and including Aug. 8, 2007. For more information, consumers can call the company at 1-626-322-9017.


I have some Trader Joe's baby carrots, but not that kind. Here is Trader Joe's info.

Are we having more recalls this year than ever? Or do I just notice them more? I guess check the FDA Recall web site daily before you eat anything! Hope no one is peeing in my pea patch so I can grow my own food. Heck, a little urine is nothing!

Source: AP

-LB

No comments: