Young Frankenstein the Musical

The creepy pharmacist from Desperate Housewives in Gene Wilder's role? I don't think so! But I'm trying to have an open mind about this.

Young Frankenstein (aka- one of the best comedy movies ever) has been turned into a musical by creator Mel Brooks. Preview shows are going on now in Seattle.

This is familiar territory- Mel took his movie The Producers, added dancing and singing to make it The Producers musical, then made the musical back into a film.

Even if Young Frankenstein the Musical is good, let's hope they don't try and do a movie. I don't care how funny an actor is, no one will replace Gene Wilder. And Madeline Kahn. And Marty Feldman. You get the idea. I'm a fan.

Also in the cast is Megan Mullally from Will & Grace playing Elizabeth, Madeline Kahn's part. "Sweet mystery of life I've finally found thee!"

My gays say it is hilarious, but they don't love the movie like I do.

Tell me- have you seen Young Frankenstein the Musical and is it any good?

No comments: