Hemingway Home


As a crazy animal lover, I found myself running around the grounds of the Hemingway Home in Key West, trying to take pictures of the cats as if they were celebrities and I was a stalkerazzi. A summary of the visit to the house known for having as many as 60 cats, some with six toes.


Before we walked in the house, I saw a very skinny cat. I asked the tour guide "What's wrong with that cat?" Old age.
Here's Rags, the skinny cat, on the bed.













Being that they're cats, they don't give two craps that you're there. They just keep going about their day.
Charlie Chaplin.













Although sometimes they will pose for you.
Ok, don't remember this ones name and if I did you would think I was crazy cat lady for sure.













I grilled the tour guide on inbreeding, questions he seemed to have been asked many times before. Each female has one litter, then is fixed. I forget how they prevent inbreeding (bring in outside tomcats?) They want to keep the bloodline of Hemingway's original 6-toed cat going.
Here's one with the extra toe.














A shout out to the Hemingway Home.













Then we continued our Hemingway theme for the day by having a drink at the Original Sloppy Joe's where Hemingway and his pals drank back in the day. Also, for you Parrotheads- the first place Buffet played.

No comments: