No Golden Globe Love for Milk or Batman

I still think Hollywood will give Milk an Oscar Best Pic nod. A Prop 8 statement. And, it's a good movie. It's not amazing, but it's good.

The noms and my comments (lucky you!)
Keep in mind that the Golden Globes are voted on by about 70 foreign journalists.

BEST PICTURE- DRAMA
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Frost/Nixon- The only one of the five I have seen.
The Reader- I actually read this book. (I'm assuming this is the jewish/nazi book)
Revolutionary Road
Slumdog Millionaire

BEST PICTURE- COMEDY/MUSICAL
Burn After Reading- I liked the movie, but I wouldn't say it was the best.
Happy-go-lucky- Not sure what this one is.
In Bruges- Funny movie...surprised it is receiving attention.
Mamma Mia- I just can't bring myself to watch Meryl skipping around in overalls.
Vicky Cristina Barcelona- Didn't see it.

BEST DIRECTOR
Danny Boyle, Slumdog Millionaire
Stephen Daldry, The Reader
David Fincher, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Ron Howard, Frost/Nixon- I didn't know he was the director when I watched it. Opie done good!
Sam Mendes, Revolutionary Road

BEST ACTOR- DRAMA
Leonardo DiCaprio, Revolutionary Road
Frank Langella, Frost/Nixon- I thought he sounded more like Sean Connery than Nixon
Sean Penn, Milk- He does good, sometimes he seems a little cartoonish (I think it's his face...he has large features) but there are many great scenes
Brad Pitt, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Mickey Rourke, The Wrestler- WHAT?!?!

BEST ACTRESS- DRAMA
Anne Hathaway, Rachel Getting Married
Angelina Jolie, Changeling
Meryl Streep, Doubt
Kristin Scott Thomas, I've Loved You So Long- Where has she been?
Kate Winslet, Revolutionary Road

BEST ACTOR- Comedy/musical
Javier Bardem, Vicky Cristina Barcelona
Colin Farrell, In Bruges
James Franco, Pineapple Express- Didn't see it, yet I still feel like my comment is appropriate: Um, what?!
Brendan Gleeseon, In Bruges- Does this mean Ralph Fiennes will get a supporting nod? The GG's obviously love this film
Dustin Hoffman, Last Chance Harvey- More like Last Chance Hoffman. ha ha

BEST ACTRESS- Comedy/musical
Rebecca Hall, Vicky Cristina Barcelona
Sally Hawkins, Happy-go-lucky
Frances McDormand, Burn After Reading- NOOO!!! She was annoying, the way she lets her lower mouth drop (anyone know what I'm talking about?)
Meryl Streep, Mamma Mia- She could film herself pooping and they'd nominate her
Emma Thompson, Last Chance Harvey- What in the hey-whoo movie is this?

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
Tom Cruise, Tropic Thunder- huh.
Robert Downey Jr., Tropic Thunder
Ralph Fiennes, The Duchess
Philip Seymour Hoffman, Doubt
Heath Ledger,The Dark Knight- Wonder who is going to accept for him?
Where's the guy who played Frost?

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Amy Adams, Doubt
Penelope Cruz, Vicky Cristina Barecelona
Viola Davis, Doubt
Marisa Tomei, The Wrestler- Awards shows love when actors play strippers
Kate Winslet, The Reader

No comments: