Project Runway

I am behind on my Project Runway reviews, so here are the first three shows.

The most recent show had the contestants going out on the streets of NY, taking pictures and making a night time outfit inspired by one of their pictures. As always (when they've done this in seasons past), this produces some funky outfits. If I were them I would make a good dress first. I don't think you'd get the boot if you had a great dress but it didn't look inspired by the picture.

Oh, and Sandra Bernhard was a judge. She's a fashion icon? Or lived nearby, maybe.

The winner:
Personally, I didn't dig it, but what-evs.


The loser:
She took her picture too literally and tried to copy the pattern of the lights. Thus making a hideous ruffle design.


Almost the loser:
This Nellie Olson garb was no good.


Michael didn't get bitchy about how no one would wear this out in a club:


Almost the winner:
I was surprised the judges praised this so much. I thought the pants with dress look is out out out.


Is this nauseous creation from the really tan guy from Seattle? Blaine, or something like that.


Episode 2 had Natalie Portman as a judge, and eco-fabrics as the cause. The models chose the fabric for the designers, so some designers had little to work with.

The winner:
I agree- tres cute.



The loser:
I think this designer just didn't have enough fabric to work with.


Another judges favorite:


Almost the loser:



Episdode 1. Austin Scarlett, from Season 1 was the guest judge. The designers had to use whatever they found in a grocery store.


The winner:
The skirt is vacuum bags that have been bleached and stained with coffee.


The loser:
Shower curtains gone bad. Janet Leigh would've screamed at this design.


Almost the winner:
Plastic cups as the fabric.


I think all that tanning has affected Blaine's designs. I have no idea what this is.


Almost the loser:
It appeared that the designer bought cheap garbage bags, so they were very flimsy.

No comments: