Emmys- Hour 2

Josh Groban. I'm not a fan, but I think he gets the joke. I've seen him parody himself, and this montage of theme songs was good in it's trip down memory lane. Love theme songs. Golden Girls! The Jeffersons! Carol Burnett! Those were the days. Sigh.


Alec Baldwin makes a slight dig at Kim B? I knew Laura Linney would win. Emmys give her what the Oscars won't. Love the Community Organizers remark! Laura, I knew you were one of us.

Ruth Buzzi! Lily Tomlin! Joanne Worley! Wacky women are everywhere!
Daily Show wins Outstanding Variety, Music or Comedy.


Barry Sonnenfeld wins Directing Comedy.
Tina Fey wins writing, comedy for 30 Rock.

Martin Sheen introduces some guy.

Christian Slater and Christina Applegate announce Made for Television Movie- Recount wins. Good movie.

Laurence Fishburne and William Peterson announce Supporting Actor Made for TV Movie. Tom Wilkinson not there to get it for John Adams. The movie, not the man.


Stephen Colbert is eating prunes, I think a reference to McCain. Jay Roach obviously wins for directing Recount. The Emmys like to give to the Hollywood film guys. He's married to Susannah Hoffs??? Writing goes to John Adams. The movie, not the guy. A Bush slam...then the guy gets cutoff.


Someone I've never heard of wins for Supporting Actress for a PBS movie.

Kathy Griffin and Don Rickles. Kathy's wigs are a bit much. Rickles makes some joke about OJ jury in the front row. Don't get it. I think because OJ's current jury is all white? Don't know. The Amazing Race wins best reality show for the sixth consecutive time.

No comments: