Hair Bands Decline in Popularity Linked to Tawny Kitaen

Tawny Kitaen tells Blender.com:
Well, I was with him (David Coverdale) during the Whitesnake “Here I Go [Again]” years, so I owned part of the publishing. Plus, I did the video and he went on to sell 15 million records. And I’m not blowing my own horn here but this is just true: I split and the guy can’t sell a million and a half. But I said fine, you keep the royalties but I want a couple more million dollars for that. So he compensated me. Plus I got alimony on top of everything. Plus I got the house. Alimony is a great thing.



So, she is saying that Whitesnake sold a lot of albums because she was slithering around on top of cars? And when she divorced the Whitesnake lead singer the band couldn't sell albums? It had nothing to do with trends, changes in music that happens every few years, or that hair bands had long overstayed their welcome?

Side note: wikipedia links Tawny to Tommy Lee, O.J. Simpson and Jon Stewart. Jon Stewart?!?! He seems out of place in her list of paramours.



pics: wikipedia, ESPN

No comments: