Best Acting Awards- Not a Yankee Among Them

Since Daniel Day Lewis and Javier Bardem were almost guarantees, the academy mixed it up and handed out a few surprises for the women.

Julie Christie couldn't have felt too good about the montage of previous best actress winners that was shown before the winner was announced. Sure there was Helen last year. But before that was Charlize, Nicole, Halle, Gwyneth, Julia. I think I read somewhere the average age of Best Actress winner is 26.
Marion Cotillard wins.


Tilda! I saw her in Scotland years ago. I knew I should've interupted her afternoon and said something to her! Dang me and my politeness. That, and I don't know what I would've said.


Daniel Day Lewis has to hope that this win means they will never, ever show that picture from his first win. He was rockin' a serious mullet.


Javier Bardem wins.


I think Bourne Ultimatum has more Oscars than any movie besides No Country For Old Men. Complete list here

No comments: