BET Awards- New Edition Singing The Jackson 5


This is the best clip I could find of the opening. For the love of Pete!

I just happened to have caught the opening to the BET Awards today, although they originally aired the Sunday after Michael Jackson's death.

Ok- I better say right now why I just "happened" to have been on BET. I purposefully wanted to see the beginning and see what Jamie Foxx did as a tribute.

I thought it was a good tribute. It was light hearted with Jamie Foxx talking about seeing Michael in concert, and Jamie trying to dance and moonwalk (if you think Jamie Foxx is funny, that clip is entertaining).

More serious moments- I didn't see it but Beyonce (of course- she is everywhere) sang Ava Maria (in a leotard...see clip above), and there were a few other song tributes (also summarized in clip above).

BUT- the best is that New Edition, opens the show singing the Jackson 5. People in the audience were squinting to see who they were (from what I can tell they are not introduced). I recognized Ralph's voice, and realized it was New Edition and Johnny (or technically New Edition and Bobby, since he left). Bobby looks fat, and I'm not sure which of Bel Biv or Devoe has trouble singing, but I thought the mic was out when it might have been his voice.

If you knew me you would know I love me some BBD. If I'm 80 and in a coma, put on "Poison". I'll be out of that bed in no time.

Why BET does not have a full clip of the opening on their website, I do not know. But I blame Bobby Brown.

No comments: