The Judge Doesn't Like K. Stern

I've seen a few minutes of the Anna Nicole Smith trial and the judge was really pushing K.Stern for details about Anna's drug use. The judge seemed somewhat sympathetic to the mom and Larry. Larry seems like the most normal one.

From the trial:

Anna paid his way-
Under grilling from lawyers and Judge Seidlin, Stern admitted that Smith paid the $950 rent on his apartment, and that she gave him cash to buy personal items such as shoes.

"I was with Anna. My income was with her," Stern said. "Anna paid my rent. Everything that I did for her legally I didn't charge her for."


If that settlement ever happens-
As Smith's lawyer in the continuing litigation over the estate of her late husband, billionaire J. Howard Marshall, he was entitled to about 5 percent of any money she was awarded. The latest judgment awarded Smith $100 million, meaning Stern could net $5 million. "It's a little Florida lottery," Judge Seidlen told Stern.

On Anna's drug use-
Pressed about which drugs Smith had taken since 2001, Stern said, "I couldn't be sure of every medication she placed in her body."

Why did Smith take drugs at all? "Anna Nicole took prescription medication at times for depression," said Stern. "She had more than one doctor [but] I believe her doctors knew each other."

Asked if he could Stern have prevented Smith from taking these drugs, he said: "I talked to her about it ...Can anybody stop someone else entirely? Added Stern: "I don't think that medication influenced her decisions. I mean, it's not like Anna was medicated all the time."

Judge Seidlen even asked about Smith's slurry speech in videotapes. "That's how Anna Nicole talked," Stern said. "[But] she formed her thoughts. She knew what she wanted."

Under questioning Stern also said that Smith's son, Daniel, was concerned about his mother's drug use. "Daniel talked to his mom about that, yes," he said. "[Anna Nicole] would go back and forth depending on what was going on in her life. When she was more stressed out, she would take more medication."

Stern also admitted that Smith had a prescription for methadone, which he said was given to her by Dr. Sandeep Kapoor, but insisted that she did not take the drug "in my presence over the last five months."






Source, Photo: People

-LB

No comments: