Oscar Predictions- Revised

My predictions.
Not who I want to win, but who I think will win.
(Subject to change, I might change my mind up until tomorrow afternoon)

BEST PICTURE
This is a tough one. While I thought The Departed got better towards the end, there were a few big holes. I think the voters will want to give Marty the directing Oscar, but they will make a statement that its not the movie that he should get the Oscar for (he shouldve gotten it years ago) and give the best picture to...

Babel

With that same thinking, they could want to give Best Picture to The Departed to prove that this isnt a makeup Oscar. So, The Departed and Babel are neck and neck...

I'm still going with Babel.

BEST DIRECTOR
This is a no brainer...

Marty of course.

BEST ACTOR
With a Golden Globe and a SAG award for this role, it seems very likely that the winner will be...

Forest Whitacker


BEST ACTRESS
Unless the Academy is feeling feisty and want to give it to the fabulous Judi Dench, it is pretty much a given that Oscar will go to...

Helen Mirren

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
I think Alan Arkin will barely lose to...

Eddie Murphy



BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
This is one of those categories where the Academy can't not give it to the front runner. Unlike Kate Hudson who was hyped but lost, this is one that is deserved. If the Academy wants to mix it up and vote for a non-front runner in the acting category, it will not be in the Best Supporting Actress category (more likely one of the Actor categories). This is a lock for...

Jennifer Hudson

BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY
If this movie wasnt so hyped, everyone would like it. But because of the hype, people have to not like it. If that makes sense. Its a great, adorable, fun movie, and anyone who overanalyzes it and cant just enjoy a sweet movie needs to pull their head out. And the movie I speak so lovingly of is...

Little Miss Sunshine


BEST ADAPTED SCREENPLAY
I was surprised that I busted out laughing in a couple parts, and not because I was laughing at the movie. The mix of violence, swearing, shouting, and a few funny lines makes the winner...

The Departed

Best Art Direction- Dreamgirls, seems like a musical category.
This will be where we'll see if the academy likes Pan's Labyrinth. But, since I've heard people either loved or hated Pan's (I havent seen it yet), I am still saying Dreamgirls.

Best Cinematography- Children of Men
Best Film Editing- Im guessing Babel because of the different storylines
Best Original Score- Im going with Babel, that end scene is so effective with the music. I got on iTunes as soon as it was over.
Best Original Song- Listen from Dreamgirls. The Academy has horrible taste in music, in my opinion. Phil Collins has an Oscar, keep that in mind. They threw us a curveball with the Eminem song winning, but that is not the norm.
Best Visual Effects- Pirates
Best Sound Editing- Switching to Letters from Iwo Jima
Best Sound Mixing- I wish they would give it to the Apocalypto guy, this is his 19th nom with no wins. But I think Dreamgirls will win.
Best Costume- Switching to Dreamgirls from Marie Antoinette.
Best Makeup- Pan's Labyrinth
Best Foreign Language Film- Pan's Labyrinth
Best Animated- Cars
Best Animated Short- The Little Matchgirl
Best Documentary- An Inconvenient Truth
Best Documentary Short- Two Hands
Best Live Action Short- Eramos Pocos


-LB

No comments: