The New Ishtar?

The Assasination of Jesse James made $3.8 million. How is that even possible? I'm guessing it didn't go into wide release?

According to Box Office Mojo, Ishtar made $14 million and that was in 1987. Sure, its budget was $55 million, but it made more than Jesse James (budget $30 million). If there is a math genius reading this, please crunch the numbers and let me know which one is the bigger dud. Thanks.

I know, now you would like my personal review of Jesse James.

First of all, I think there is some disservice in naming the killer in the title, then introducing us to the killer from the start (played well by Casey Affleck). And then the narration would say things like "The day before Jesse died he went to church" so you knew when the shooting was going to happen. And if you watch The History Channel you knew it was when Jesse gets on the chair, and bang its done. No suspense.

Its a three hour movie and not much happens. At some point even I was hoping someone's head was shot off or they would go get some hookers. Anything.

There are a few actors I might be willing to watch for three hours and have nothing happen, but Brad Pitt isn't one of them.



Photo: Yahoo

No comments: