Countdown to Oscars

oscars
Ugh. I am prepared for Penelope Cruz to win Best Supporting Actress for that blah movie that people are crapping themselves over- Vicki Cristina Barcelona. From what I've read, PC is the front runner. Yes, she has a moment where she needs to act hysterical and fire a gun, but she is by far the most annoying character in that movie. And the scene is a bit painful in how Woody Allen is trying to say 'bitches be crazy'. And the Academy loves that he writes such powerful roles for women. Sigh.

PC proves the point that if you can somewhat act and are pretty you have many more advantages.

Penelope's current/former/not sure boyfriend Javier Bardem won Best Supporting Actor last year so he would give out the award. That could be juicy if they are on the outs. But, Penelope seems to bounce back from boyfriends pretty good (Tom Cruise, Matt Damon, Nicholas Cage, who am I forgetting...).


Hugh the Hunk will be the host. Yeah, I know the rumors and guess what- I don't care. And I don't mean 'I don't care because everyone should be treated equally' I mean 'he is so hot that I could overlook it for a night'. I better stop right there.

Although, with such rumors, is this the best picture for the academy to release?


Oscar producers allegedly have asked presenters to stay off the red carpet to surprise us with their fashion when they walk on stage. So who is Ryan Seacrest going to chase down the red carpet in an attempt for interviews?


Peter Gabriel will not be performing his song from Wall-E in protest that the songs were shortened and part of a medley. He will still attend the ceremony, however. I guess he's taking a stand...but not so much that if he wins he can't accept it. That is so Barbra Streisand of him.

Photos: AFP, AP

No comments: