Witch Mountain- With the Rock?

When I was a kid there were movies called Escape to Witch Mountain, and Return from Witch Mountain. There was a scrappy blonde girl and her brother. They were orphans, which was a popular type back in the day. Like the Apple Dumpling Gang, and several others. Orphan gets taken in by 1)bank robbers 2)toothless hillbillies 3)old crotchety person who hates kids. Or, in the case of The Rescuers 4) rodents.

Anyways, they've made a new Witch Mountain and it stars The Rock. I think the new one is called Race to Witch Mountain. And I know you're thinking- duh, a mountain is made of rocks. But I mean Dwayne Johnson, who I still call The Rock even though the WWF probably owns that name.





I was going to include Savannah Smiles in the list of orphan movies, but technically she was a runaway (I looked it up on IMDB, I didn't remember she was a runaway). Anywho, the actress who played SS died of an overdose in 1997.

No comments: